Editing Cloud of Points
This chapter deals with the edition of clouds of points,
i.e. Selection and Remove actions.
||Although the dialog boxes look similar, the operating mode of the
Select and Remove actions are slightly different:
- De-activated points can be recalled using Activate all
and Swap in a new activation action.
- Removed points can not be recalled! Activate all
and Swap apply only to the current removal action. They can not
be used to recall removed points, once you have clicked OK.
- The Activate action displays only triangles that are
fully selected (i.e. the whole triangle is inside the selection trap, or
all its vertices have been picked). If you select only one or two vertices
of a triangle, or if the selection trap intersects the triangle, it is not
- As a consequence, when you push the button Swap, the
triangles displayed are not the exact complement of the previous
- The Remove action takes into account triangles that are at
least partially selected (at least one vertex has been picked, or the
selection trap intersects the triangle).
- See the Protect command to protect
characteristic lines from deletion.
Activating a Portion of a Cloud
Removing Elements from a Cloud of Points
Protecting Characteristic Lines