[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index | Library Home |
General Programming Concepts: Writing and Debugging Programs
- In AIX 4.3, curses is not compatible with AT&T System V Release
- In versions prior to AIX 4.3, curses is compatible with AT&T
System V Release 3.2 curses.
- In versions prior to AIX 4.3 curses have been kept in a form useful
for supporting existing binaries only. This new change was made to
provide support for color and to increase application portability to AIX
- Applications already
running under AIX 4.3 will not operate using the old curses.
- Applications compiled, rebound, or relinked may need source code changes
for compatibility with the AIX Version 4 of curses. The newer curses
library does not have or use AIX extended curses functions.
- Applications requiring multibyte support may still compile and link with
extended curses. However, because the extended curses library may be
removed in the future, use of the extended curses library is discouraged
except for applications that require multibyte support.
[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index |
Library Home |