[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index | Library Home |
Network Installation Management Guide and Reference
New members can be added to
machine groups, however, the new member must be of the same machine type as
existing members. Members can be added to machine groups using the
Web-based System Manager NIM application.
- Select the Groups container.
- In the contents area, select a group.
- From the Selected menu, choose Add/Remove
- Select a machine from the list on the right, and click on the
< button to add the machine to the new group. Continue
with this step until all the desired members of the machine group are in the
list on the left.
- Click on OK.
- To add members to a machine group, enter the
smit nim_chgrp fast path.
- Select the machine group to modify.
- Specify members to add to the group. Use the
LIST option to select members to add.
To add a member to a machine
nim -o change -a add_member=MachineName GroupName
For example, to add the diskless
client, diskless5, to the machine group, diskless_grp,
enter the following command:
nim -o change -a add_member=diskless5 diskless_grp
Alternatively, you could have
specified group members in both the define and change
operations by using sequenced member attributes, such as -a
member1=Standalone1 -a member2=Standalone2 and so forth.
[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index |
Library Home |