[ Previous |
AIX Version 4.3 Messages Guide and Reference
About This Book
The AIX Version 4.3 Messages Guide and Reference provides procedures to help you investigate the causes of an error message and how to recover from that error.
How to Use This Book
Overview of Contents
This book contains the following chapters and appendixes:
- Chapter 1,
"Messages Guide and Reference Overview," describes the contents of this book.
"Three-Digit Display Values," provides recovery information for three-digit LED messages.
"Recovering from Software Errors," introduces general recovery procedures for software problems. It includes general procedures for recovering from problems with read permission, write permission, execute permission, and lack of memory.
"Seven-Digit Message Recovery," provides detailed recovery articles for the seven-digit software error messages that receive the most requests for support.
"Error Message Acronyms,"
contains definitions for all acronyms used in this book.
- Error Message Index provides brief information on all known AIX seven-digit error messages.
The following highlighting conventions are used in this book:
|| Identifies commands, keywords, files, directories, and other items whose names are predefined by the system.|
|| Identifies the parameters whose actual names or values are to be supplied by the user. Variable information that is displayed in messages is also printed in this typestyle: for example, "Cannot access the FileName file."|
|| Identifies examples of specific data values, examples of text similar to what you might see displayed, and examples of portions of program code similar to information you should actually type.|
ISO 9000 registered quality systems were used in the development and manufacturing of this product.
The following books contain information about or related to problem solving:
- The operator guide for your system unit contains the checkout procedures for problem determination, system verification, and using the diagnostics.
- AIX Version 4.3 Problem Solving Guide and Reference, order number SC23-4123.
- AIX Version 4.3 Quick Beginnings, order number SC23-4114.
- AIX Version 4.3 System User's Guide: Operating System and Devices, order number SC23-4121.
- AIX Version 4.3 System User's Guide: Communications and Networks, order number SC23-4122.
- AIX Version 4.3 System Management Guide: Operating System and Devices, order number SC23-4126.
- AIX Version 4.3 System Management Guide: Communications and Networks, order number SC23-4127.
- AIX Version 4.3 Guide to Printers and Printing, order number SC23-4130.
- AIX Version 4.3 Installation Guide, order number SC23-4112.
- AIX Version 4.3 Commands Reference, order number SBOF-1877.
- AIX Version 4.3 Files Reference, order number SC23-4168.
- AIX Version 4.3 Technical Reference, order number SBOF-1878.
- AIX Version 4.3 General Programming Concepts: Writing and Debugging Programs, order number SC23-4128.
- AIX and Related Products Documentation Overview, order number SC23-2456.
You can order publications from your
sales representative or from your point of sale. To order additional copies
of this publication, use order number SC23-4129.
[ Previous |