[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index | Library Home |
Network Installation Management Guide and Reference
Diskless and dataless machines
are uninitialized by performing the reset operation. This
action also provides the option to deallocate all resources for the
machine. Deallocating all resources from the diskless or dataless
machine removes all root data for the machine. Without deallocating
resources, the uninitialize operation deallocates just the network boot
- Select the Machines container.
- In the contents area, select the diskless or dataless machine you want to
- From the Selected menu, choose Uninitialize Machine
- Use the dialog to uninitialize and, if desired, deallocate all resources
from the client.
- To uninitialize diskless and dataless machines, enter
the smit nim_dd_uninit fast path.
- Select the Target.
- If you want to remove all root data, change the
DEALLOCATE Resources field to yes.
- To uninitialize the client machine, enter the
following on the NIM master:
nim -F -o reset ClientName
- To deallocate all resources and remove root data,
enter the following on the NIM master:
nim -o deallocate -a subclass=all
[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index |
Library Home |