[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index | Library Home |
Guide to Printers and Printing
- You must have connected
a serial printer to the AUX or PRINT port on your ASCII terminal. Refer
to the terminal documentation for cabling instructions.
- The tty device for the
ASCII terminal must be defined. See "Adding or changing
a TTY from the command line" in AIX 5L Version 5.1 System
Management Guide: Communications and Networks for more
- The printer must be online.
- Verify that the AUX port on the terminal is configured with the same
settings as your printer. To do this, consult your terminal
documentation for information about setting values for the AUX port.
Consult your printer documentation for information about configuring the
printer serial interface.
- You must have root user authority.
- At the system prompt, type:
- Select the ascii attachment type, manufacturer, and printer
- Provide additional information as prompted.
You can also perform this task with the
[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index |
Library Home |