[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index | Library Home |
System Management Guide: Operating System and Devices
Before you add, remove, or replace a hot-plug adapter, you can display the
following information about the PCI hot-plug slots in a machine:
- A list of all the PCI hot-plug slots in the machine
- Whether a slot is available or empty
- Slots that are currently in use
- The characteristics of a specific slot such as slot name, description,
connector type, and the attached device name
You can complete these tasks with Web-based System Manager. You can
also use SMIT or system commands. To perform these tasks, you must log
in as root user.
For additional information, see PCI Hot-Plug
Management in the AIX 5L Version 5.1 System Management
Concepts: Operating System and Devices.
- Type smit devdrpci at the system prompt, then press
- Use the SMIT dialogs to complete the task.
To obtain additional information for completing the task, you can select
the F1 Help key in the SMIT dialogs.
You can use the following commands to display information about hot-plug
slots and connected devices:
- The lsslot command displays a list of all the PCI hot-plug
slots and their characteristics. For information about using this
command, see lsslot in the AIX 5L Version 5.1
Commands Reference, Volume 3.
- The lsdev command displays the current state of all the devices
installed in your system. For information about using this command, see
lsdev in the AIX 5L Version 5.1 Commands
Reference, Volume 3.
[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index |
Library Home |