[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index | Library Home |
System Management Guide: Operating System and Devices
CE login enables a user to perform commands required to service the system
without being logged in as root. CE login must have the role of
RunDiagnostics and a primary group system which enables
the user to:
- Run diagnostics including service aids (for example, hot plug tasks,
certify, format, etc.)
- Run all commands that can be run by a group system
- Configure and unconfigure devices that are not busy.
In addition, group shutdown is required to:
- Use the service aid to update system microcode
- Perform the shutdown and reboot operations.
To use CE Login:
- Create a unique user name for your service provider.
- Configure these characteristics for that user. For more
information, see Chapter 4, Users and Groups in AIX 5L Version 5.1 System Management
Guide: Operating System and Devices.
- Give the new user name and password to your service provider to use when
working on your system.
Note: If you have several RS/6000 systems, you might want to
set up an account on each system. It is recommended that you use the
same user name and password on each system. The recommended CE login
user name is qserv.
[ Previous | Next | Table of Contents | Index |
Library Home |