The Topology Services subsystem depends on the following components:
- System Resource Controller (SRC)
- An AIX feature that can be used to define and control subsystems.
The Topology Services subsystem is called hats on SP nodes and is
called hats.syspar_name on the control workstation,
where syspar_name is the name of a system partition. The
subsystem name is used with the SRC commands (for example, startsrc
- System Data Repository (SDR)
- A repository of SP system configuration information.
- UDP/IP and UNIX-domain socket communication
- Topology Services daemons communicate with each other using the UDP/IP
feature of AIX. Topology Service daemons communicate with client
applications |and NIMs using UNIX-domain sockets.
- |Network adapters (using UDP/IP communication)
- |Topology Services will form heartbeat rings on the network.
- SP Security Services library and DCE security
- The Topology Services subsystem uses the SP Security Services library when
it is operating in a DCE security environment.
- First Failure Data Capture (FFDC)
- When the Topology Services subsystem encounters events that require system
administrator attention, it uses the FFDC facility of the RSCT software to
generate entries in an AIX error log.
[ Top of Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Table of Contents | Index ]