After all the processor nodes are running, you can start the switch using
the following procedure:
- Check that all processor nodes are running (hostResponds
- To start the switch, do the following:
- The fault-handling daemon for the SP Switch
(fault_service_Worm_RTG_SP) or for the SP Switch2
(fault_service_Worm_CS), which checks, initializes, and prepares the
switch for operation, must be running on the primary node. If the
daemon is not running, use the rc.switch command to start the
- On the control workstation, run the Estart command.
|In a two-plane SP Switch2 configuration, the command can run for
|both switch planes or you can specify a specific switch plane by using the
When Estart finishes, it sends a message similar to the following,
verifying that it completed:
Switch initialization started on tserv10.hpssl.kgn.ibm.com
Initialization successful for 16 nodes
Switch initialization completed
- If the switch initialization process encounters any problems, other
messages might appear. If that happens, see the book PSSP:
Diagnosis Guide and resolve any errors.
See the book PSSP: Command and Technical Reference for
more information on the Estart command.
[ Top of Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Table of Contents | Index ]