Record number: H16849
Date created: O97/08/12
Date last altered: A97/08/20
Owning B.U.: USA
Abstract:PC SERVER 704 PARALLEL PORT NOT FUNCTIONING IN EPP/ECP MODE.
Any device attached to the Parallel Port does not work.
PROBLEM ISOLATION AIDS:
All of the following must be true for this Tip to apply:
- The system is a PC Server 704 (8650)
- The Parallel Port is set to EPP (Extended Parallel Port) or
ECP (Extended Capability Port).
Use the following procedure:
1. Reboot Server, Press <F1> when prompted during POST.
2. Select "Advanced" from the Menu Bar.
3. Select "Peripheral Configuration"
4. Verify Selection of Parallel Port mode.
5. Select Parallel Port Address <enter>.
6. Choose the appropriate LPT Port/Address; use the chart below:
Mode LPT Port / Address
EPP LPT3 / 3BCh
EPC LPT1 / 378h or LPT2 / 278h
Note: If the selections are grayed out, verify that the
Configuration Mode at the top of the Menu is set to
"Manual" and not "Auto."
7. Confirm LPT Port/Address choice by pressing <enter>.
8. Press <F10> to Save and Exit.
9. Press <Enter> to "Exit Saving Changes"
Note: The Default Parallel Port Mode setting = "ISA Compatible"
The Default Parallel Port Address setting = "Disabled"
Regards, Mark Dunbar
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.