Bay 1, 3, 5 (Aptiva 2170/71/72 - SL-A)
Bay 1 - 5.25-Inch Bay (Internal or External Access)
- Disconnect any cable on the drive (note location and orientation of cables).
- Remove the screws.
- Pull out the drive.
Bay 3 - 3.5-In. Bay (Internal or External Access)
Bay 4 - 3.5-In. Bay (External Access for Diskette Drive)
- Disconnect the cables (note location of cables).
- Press the lever and rotate outward.
- Pull carefully and slowly as soon as the warning arrow appears.
- The drive frame becomes free after the line behind the arrow appears.
Remove the frame from the chassis.
- Remove the screws located on both sides of the drive and slide the drive out.
NOTE: Reinstall The 3.5-in Drive Frame
- Before reinstalling the drive frame into the main unit, make sure the upper and lower
drive frames are properly reattached.
- Align the front notch of the drive frame with the system chassis.
- Align the top rail of the drive frame with the system chassis and swing inward until it 'clicks' to lock.
- Re-attach the power and signal cables to the drives.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.