Power Supply (Aptiva 2165 - SL-A)
001 - START
- Power off the system unit.
- Check the power cord for continuity. Replace if necessary.
- Check for the correct line voltage from the power outlet, and verify that the voltage selector switch is set to the correct voltage.
- Power on the system unit.
002 - DOES THE POWER SUPPLY FAN RUN? (YES, GO TO STEP 003. NO, GO TO STEP 004)
003 - DOES THE SYSTEM FAIL TO SHUT OFF WHEN THE ON/OFF SWITCH IS PRESSED?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 005)
- You might have a damaged on/off switch cable assembly.
- Disconnect the on/off switch cable assembly connector from the power supply connector and take an ohm reading.
- Go to step 007.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the system unit.
- Disconnect all power and switch cable connectors from the system board and the power supply.
- Disconnect the power connectors to all drives.
- Connect the power connector to system board as a power load for driving up power supply.
- Reconnect the power cord.
005 - DOES THE POWER SUPPLY FAN RUN? (YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 009)
- With the system powered on and the power supply fan running, check the voltages of the power supply
connectors for the system board and all drive connectors, as shown in the following figures.
Figure 2-1 Power Supply Connectors (Bottom View)
Figure 2-2 Hard Drive or CD-ROM End of Power Cable
Figure 2-3 3.5-In. Diskette Drive End of Power Cable
006 - ARE THE VOLTAGES CORRECT AND DOES THE FAN RUN?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 009)
- The power supply is working normally.
- If you suspect the on/off switch cable assembly, see Step 003.
- If the fan continues to run when all connectors are plugged back in, go to 'Undetermined Problems'.
If the fan stops running when a drive connector is plugged back in, go to 'Start'.
007 - DO YOU HAVE AN OHM READING WHEN THE SWITCH IS PRESSED AND
AN OPEN READING WHEN THE SWITCH IS RELEASED?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 008)
- Replace the on/off switch cable assembly.
- Replace the system board.
- Replace the power supply.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.