Diagnostics and Utilities Device Presence Test (2140, 2142)
DO ANY MESSAGES, ERROR CODES, BEEPS, OR SYMPTOMS APPEAR ?
+-+-+ |002| Go to Step 004
Go to 'Index of Symptoms, Messages, Error Codes, or Beeps'.
If directed here from the Index, go to Step 006.
- Insert the Diagnostics and Utilities CD into the CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Power-off the system unit.
- Power-on the system unit, and check for the following responses:
1. Main Menu screen
DID THE SYSTEM PRODUCE THE MAIN MENU SCREEN ?
+-+-+ |005| - Go to 'Index of Symptoms, Messages, Error Codes, or Beeps'
- Select Advanced Diagnostics on the menu.
- Select Hardware Info on the menu.
- Select System Config on the menu.
- Compare the System Configuration Report screen with the actual devices
installed in the system unit.
NOTE: If necessary, remove the cover and visually compare the devices
installed in the system unit to those shown in the Hardware
DOES THE HARDWARE CONFIGURATION REPORT CORRECTLY IDENTIFY THE DEVICES
INSTALLED IN THE SYSTEM UNIT ?
| |007| - The System Configuration Report shows only those devices
| +---+ supported by the Diagnostics and Utilities CD and only
| factory-installed devices for the model you are servicing.
| - If a device is missing from the list and is not factory installed,
| refer to the service manual provided for that device. (Refer to
| the 'Model/Monitor Configurations and FRU P/N' to determine the
| factory-installed devices in the model you are servicing.)
| - If a factory-installed drive device or adapter card is not listed
| in the System Configuration Report, return to 'Start' and then go
+-+-+ to 'Factory-Installed Drive Devices'.
- Select Diagnostics Menu from the Main Menu.
- Select Easy Test Diagnostics from the Diagnostics Menu.
DOES THE EASY TEST FINISH WITHOUT ERROR CODES ?
| |009| - If the last test stops and you cannot continue, first make sure all
| +---+ switches, power connectors, cables, and jumpers are set correctly
| and show the correct voltages and continuity.
+-+-+ - Make note of any messages, error codes, beeps, or new symptoms.
- The Easy Test Diagnostics did not detect a failure. If the system still
display a failure:
° Check all adapter card jumper settings
° Check all adapter card switch settings
° Check all adapter card cables and connectors for proper installation.
° Make sure all of the above are set correctly and show the correct
voltages and continuity. Replace any defective cables or adapter cards.
See 'Power Supply',
'System Board Layout - Type A-1' and
'System Board Layout - Type A-2'
- Run the Easy Test Diagnostics test again.
- If an error or other symptom is displayed, go to
'Index of Symptoms, Messages, Error Codes, or Beeps'.
- If no error can be detected or the symptom is intermittent, go to
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.