Mouse (2140, 2142)
NOTE: A sticking keybutton can cause the mouse to operate incorrectly, if you suspect this, go to 'Keyboard'
- Check the mouse connection and reseat the cable in the correct plug.
- Insert the Diagnostics and Utilities CD into the CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Power-off the system unit.
- Make sure the mouse ball turns freely.
- Power-on the system unit.
- Make a note of any error messages, then press Esc
- Select Advanced Diagnostics from the Main Menu.
- Select Interactive Test from the Main Menu.
- Select Mouse from the menu.
- Perform the mouse test.
DO THE MOUSE DIAGNOSTICS TESTS ?
| |002| - For Type 2140, replace the mouse. If symptoms remain,
| +---+ replace the system board.
| - For Type 2142, Power-off the system and connect the
| keyboard and mouse to the system board. Run the mouse
| tests again. If symptom remains, replace the mouse.
| If the mouse test run without errors while connected
| to the system board, replace the Media Console client
| card. Reconnect the keyboard and mouse to the Media
- The system unit is operating normally.
- If the symptoms remain, replace the mouse.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.