Undetermined Problem (2136/2137 SL-A)
If an error code is present, go to:
- Error Codes
and see information for
- Index of Symptoms
If no error code is present, continue with this check. Check the power supply
voltages (see 'Power Supply Cable Connector Specifications'). If the voltages
are correct, return here and continue with the following steps:
- Power off the system unit.
- Perform the following checks, one by one, until you have isolated the
- Check all system board jumper positions and switch settings.
- Check all adapter card jumper positions.
- Check all device jumper positions.
- Check all cables and connectors for proper installation.
If the jumper, switch, and voltage settings are correct, return here and continue:
- Remove or disconnect the following, one at a time:
- Non-IBM devices
- External devices
- Any adapters
- Modem card, if installed
- CD-ROM drive
- Diskette drive
- Hard disk drive
- System board
- Power on the system unit
- Repeat steps 1 trough 4 until you find the failing device or adapter.
If the symptom changes, go to 'Index of Symptoms, Messages, Error Codes, or Beeps'
to the check procedure for the last item tested.
Replace the last item tested if the system operates normally after removing the last item.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.