Installing Additional Test Programs (8650)
Installing Additional Test Programs
You can add other test programs to the Diagnostic Diskette.
These other programs are usually provided
on the diskette that comes with a device.
After you add the programs to the Diagnostic Diskette,
you can include information from the programs in the Test Log.
Before the test programs can find these programs to run as the User
Diags test group,
information about them must be included in a file called USERDIAG.CFG.
This is an ASCII text file. It must include the following three items
for each test to run:
- Program Name (.COM and .EXE files only)
- Test Description of the test to be run
- Command-line parameters to be passed to the program
identified in the first item of this list
- All of the information for a given test must be on a single line, and a
semicolon (;) must separate the items on the line.
- Make sure you press Enter at the end of each line of
text in the USERDIAG.CFG file. This creates a carriage return
line feed (CR LF) which is necessary for the User Diagnostics
to be found and executed.
- If the program executable file is in a directory other than the QA
directory (or other directory you have designated to contain the
QA files), that directory must be listed in the PATH= section
of the AUTOEXEC.BAT.
- You can use a .CFG file other than USERDIAG.CFG if you use the
command line USRCONFIG=filename , when running the
diagnostic programs. For example, you might use:
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.