General Checkout (2618)
The diagnostic tests are intended to test only
IBM products. Non-IBM products, prototype card, or
modified options can give false errors and invalid computer
Drives in the computer that you are servicing
might have been rearranged or the drive startup
sequence might have been altered. Be extremely careful during write
operations such as copying, saving, or formatting.
Data or programs can be written over if you select an incorrect drive.
- Power-off the computer and all external devices.
- Check all cables and power cords for correct connection.
- Insert the Advanced Diagnostics diskette into the diskette drive.
- Power-on all external devices.
- Power-on the computer and check for one short beep at the end of POST
with a clear and readable diagnostics menu displayed. If you did not get
the correct responses, go to 'Symptom-to-FRU Index'
- Run the advanced diagnostics tests. For information
on how to disable the password, see 'Power-on Password'
- Find your symptom below, then go to the appropriate page.
Otherwise, see 'Symptom-to FRU Index',
then go to 'Undetermined Problems'
For information about how to run diagnostics, error messages, passwords,
and various other tests and service checks, go to 'Related Service Procedures'
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.