IBM PS/2 Enh. 80386 Memory Exp. Adapter
FRU P/N 87F9916 IBM PS/2 Enh. 80386 Memory Exp. Adapter
For Memory SIMM see >> PS/1 PS/2 PC Memory Reference
Please see -> ECA# 042 <- Enhanced Memory Expansion Option.
IBM PS/2 Enhanced 80386 Memory Expansion Adapter
The Option Package contain:
- Memory Expansion Adapter
- Option Identification Labels
- Option Diskette
The IBM PS/2 Enhanced 80386 Memory Expansion Option is a 32 bit option card that
can be installed in any 32 bit 80386 based PS/2.
A minimum of 2MB of system memory must be installed on this option, to operate.
This option must be configured, the way PS/2 adapters are normally configured.
(Each time you add/remove/change memory SIMMs on this adapter, you must run SETUP).
Diskette Driver Installation
If the System is being started from a diskette under operating system DOS then
you should prepare this startable diskette as follows:
- Insert your system diskette into drive A and power on the system unit.
- Remove the system diskette and insert the Option diskette into drive A.
- Go to the section below which describes your diskette drive setup.
- If you have one 3.5 Inch diskette drive:
- At the prompt (A>) type DEVINST and press ENTER
- When the system asks you to insert a diskette for Drive B, insert the system diskette.
- The system will ask you to switch diskettes several times.
- If you have two 3.5 Inch diskette drives:
- Insert the system diskette into Drive B.
- At the prompt (A>) type DEVINST and press ENTER.
- If Drive A is a 3.5 Inch drive and Drive B is a 5.25 Inch external drives:
- Insert a 5.25 Inch work diskette into Drive B.
- Use the DOS COPY command to copy file DOSMEMDD.SYS from the Memory Expansion Option Diskette
in Drive A to work diskette in Drive B.
- Remove the Memory Expansion Option Diskette from Drive A and Insert the system diskette.
- Copy the DOSMEMDD.SYS file from the work diskette in Drive B to your system diskette in Drive A.
- Add the following line to the top (line 1) of the CONFIG.SYS file on your system diskette:
DEVICE=DOSMEMDD.SYS If a CONFIG.SYS file does not exist on your system diskette you will have
to create one.
- When the prompt (A>) appears, the driver installation is complete. The DOSMEMDD.SYS file
has been copied to the system diskette and the CONFIG.SYS file has been updated or created to invoke the
diskette driver when you start the system.
To use the Enhanced 80386 memory as DOS 4.0 expanded memory, XMAEM.SYS must be copied to a different file.
To do so:
- At the (A>) prompt, enter:
COPY [d:][path]XMAEM.SYS [d:][path]XMAEME.SYS
- In the CONFIG.SYS file on the system diskette, change the following statement:
DEVICE=[d:][path]XMAEM.SYS to DEVICE=[d:][path]XMAEME.SYS This must be the second
statement in CONFIG.SYS
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.