Installing a Non-hot-swap Drive - Netfinity 5600 - Type 8664
Installing a Non-hot-swap Drive
Before you begin:
Note: The server's EMI integrity and cooling are both protected by having the non-hot-swap bays covered or occupied.
When you install a drive, save the filler panel from the bay, in case you later remove the drive and do not replace it with another.
Refer to the following illustration of the tower model while you perform the steps in this procedure.
1 DLT drive
2 Filler panel
3 Blue slide rails
4 Metal slide rails
To install a non-hot-swap drive in one of the non-hot-swap bays:
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices (see 'Preparing to install options') and then remove the cover.
See 'Removing the left-side cover (tower model)' or
'Removing the cover (rack model)'.
- Remove the trim bezel. (See 'Removing the trim bezel'.)
- Remove the filler panel -2- from the bay opening by pulling the filler panel away from the server.
You do not need the filler panel when you have a drive installed in the bay.
- Touch the static-protective bag containing the drive to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then,
remove the drive from the bag and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Set any jumpers or switches on the drive according to the documentation that comes with the drive.
- Install rails on the drive.
- If you are installing a standard-size drive:
- Pull the blue slide rails -3- off the back of the filler panel.
- Clip the rails onto the sides of the drive.
- If you are installing a digital linear tape (DLT) backup drive -1-, the slide rails -4- and screws
are included in the country kit.
- Place the drive so that the slide rails engage in the bay guide rails.
Push the drive into the bay until it clicks into place.
- If you have not already done so, install an optional SCSI adapter.
(See to 'Working with adapters' for information about installing an adapter.)
See 'SCSI drives' for information about optional SCSI adapters, installation of drives in the
non-hot-swap bays, and the 16-bit 2-drop SCSI cable that is provided for use with optional SCSI adapters.
- Connect one of the connectors on the SCSI cable for the non-hot-swap drive bays to the back of the drive -1-.
- Connect a power cable to the back of the drive.
Power cables for non-hot-swap drives come installed in the server.
The connectors are keyed and can be inserted only one way.
- If you are installing another non-hot-swap drive, do so at this time.
Otherwise, continue with the next step.
- If you have other options to install or remove, do so now; otherwise, go to 'Completing the installation'.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.