Preparing to Install Options - Netfinity 5600 - Type 8664
Preparing to Install Options
Before you begin: Read 'Safety information'.
Note: You do not need to turn off the server to work with
hot-plug or hot-swap devices, such as hot-plug PCI adapters, hot-swap hard disk drives, hot-swap power
supplies, and hot-swap fans.
If you are:
- Unlock and open the server door.
- -Caution- If the device has doors, be sure to remove or
secure the doors before moving or lifting the device to avoid personal injury.
The doors will not support the weight of the device.
- Remove all media (diskettes, CDs, optical discs, or tapes) from the drives; then, turn off the server and all attached options.
The power control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device.
The device also might have more than one power cord.
To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- Unplug all power cords (cables) from electrical outlets.
- Note the location of the remaining cables and cords; then disconnect them from the back of the server.
Electrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Do not connect or disconnect any cables or perform installation, maintenance, or
reconfiguration of this product during an electrical storm.
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet.
- Connect to properly wired outlets any equipment that will be attached to this product.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- Disconnect the attached power cords, telecommunications systems, networks, and
modems before you open the device covers, unless instructed otherwise in the installation and
- Connect and disconnect cables as described in the following table when installing, moving, or
opening covers on this product or attached devices.
|| To Disconnect
| 1. Turn everything OFF.
||1. Turn everithing OFF.
| 2. First, attach all cables to devices.
||2. First remove power cords from outlet.
| 3. Attach signal cables to connectors.
||3. Remove signal cables from connectors.
| 4. Attach power cords to outlet.
||4. Remove all cables from devices.
| 5. Turn device ON.
If you are:
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.