The Netfinity Servers
1.4 The Netfinity Servers
The Netfinity systems used in this document are the Netfinity 3000, 3500 and 5000.
When you do a server class installation, the installation removes all existing partitions on your system.
The installation program will create the following partitions on your system:
- A 64 MB swap partition
- A larger partition where all other files are stored (mounted as /).
The size is dependent on the disk space available.
- A 256 MB partition (mounted as /)
- A partition of at least 512 MB (mounted as /usr)
- A partition of at least 512 MB (mounted as /home)
- A 256 MB partition (mounted as /var)
If you don't want the installation program to remove all partitions you must choose
a custom class installation.
This may apply if you already have Windows NT installed and you don't want to lose it:
see Red Hat documentation under Linux+NT-loader HOWTO.
Before the installation of Red Hat Linux 5.2, there are things you need to know about your computer hardware:
- Hard drives - which interface (SCSI or IDE) and size
- CD-ROM - which interface (SCSI or IDE) and the make
- SCSI adapter - make and model number
- Display Adapter - make and model number
- Mouse - which mouse type and how it is connected
- Network card - make and model number
- RAM - the amount of RAM installed in your system
See Netfinity 3000
See Netfinity 3500
See Netfinity 5000
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.