This general checkout procedure is for Netfinity 1000 - Type 8477 and Netfinity 3000 - Type 8476 servers.
- Attention - The drives in the system you are servicing might have been rearranged or the drive startup sequence changed. Be extremely careful during write operations such as copying, saving, or formatting. Data or programs can be overwritten if you select an incorrect drive.
Diagnostic error messages appear when a test program finds a problem with a hardware option. For the test programs to properly determine if a test Passed, Failed , or Aborted , the test programs check the error-return code at test completion.
General error messages appear if a problem or conflict is found by an application program, the operating system, or both. For an explanation of these messages, refer to the information supplied with that software package.
A failed system might be part of a shared DASD cluster (two or more systems sharing the same external storage device(s)). Prior to running diagnostics, verify that the failing system is not part of a shared DASD cluster.
A system might be part of a cluster if:
IS THE SYSTEM PART OF A CLUSTER?
| |002| Go to Step 004.
Schedule maintenance with the customer. Shut down all
systems related to the cluster. Run storage test.
- Power-off the server and all external devices.
- Check all cables and power cords.
- Set all display controls to the middle position.
- Start the diagnostic programs, if necessary see
Running the Diagnostic Test Programs.
- Check for the following responses:
1. One or two beeps (depending on the diagnostics
2. Readable instructions or the Main Menu.
DID YOU RECEIVE THE CORRECT RESPONSES?
| |005| Go to the Symptom-to-FRU index.
ARE ALL INSTALLED DEVICES IN THE SERVER HIGHLIGHTED
ON THE MODULE TEST MENU OR HARDWARE CONFIGURATION REPORT?
| |007| The missing device may be defective.
Run the Advanced Diagnostics test. If necessary, refer to
- If you receive an error, go to Symptom-to-FRU Index.
- If the test stops and you cannot continue, replace the last device tested.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.