Defining the State of a Drive (ServeRAID)
Defining the State of a Drive
To define the state of a physical hard disk drive attached to the ServeRAID adapter, you
can use the Administration and Monitoring program or the ServeRAID configuration program.
By using the Administration and Monitoring program from the active operating system desktop, you
do not have to restart the server. Refer to the README file on the Administration and Monitoring
program for instructions for the operating system.
To define the state of a drive from the ServeRAID configuration program:
- Start the ServeRAID configuration program (see 'Starting the ServeRAID Configuration Program')
- Select Rebuild/Device Management from the Main Menu.
- Select Set Device State. The cursor will become active in the Bay/Array selection list.
- Use the Up Arrow ( ) or the Down Arrow ( ) key to highlight the appropriate drive, then,
press Enter. The Drive States pop-up window appears, listing all hard disk drive states.
- Highlight the appropriate drive state and press Enter. The cursor will become active in the Bay/Array
selection list, and will display the new state.
Device States Alternate States
EMP RDY SBY
SBY RDY EMP HSP SHS
DHS EMP HSP SHS
SHS HSP DHS
DDD ONL RBL
RDY EMP HSP SHS SBY
HSP RDY SHS DHS
RBL DDD ONL
The numbers shown on the left in the Bay/Array selection list area in the previous figure are the bay numbers.
See 'Bay/Array Selection List' for an explanation of the bay numbers.
- If you want to create a disk array, go to 'Creating a Disk Array'
- If you are finished:
- Select Exit or press Esc A pop-up window will
appear asking to confirm your change.
Note: The changes you make are not saved until you confirm them
by selecting Yes in the Confirm pop-up window.
- Select No if you do not want the drive you selected to use the new drive state.
Select Yes to accept the new drive state.
- Back up the disk-array configuration information to diskette.
See 'Backing Up the Disk-Array Configuration'.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.