Creating a Disk Array (ServeRAID)
Creating a Disk Array
To create a disk array using the ServeRAID configuration program:
- Start the server using the ServeRAID configuration program. See 'Starting the ServeRAID Configuration Program', or
To create an array using hard disks in an existing array,
refer to 'Redefining Space in an Array'.
- Select Create/Delete Array/Log Drive from the Main Menu.
- Select Create Disk Array from
the Create/Delete Array menu.
The cursor will be active in the Bay/Array selection list.
Carefully determine which drives to include in the array before beginning the selection process. If
you change your mind after selecting the drives for an array, you can delete the array (by selecting Delete Disk Array from the Create/Delete Array menu)
and then begin again.
- Select each drive you want in the array by
using the Up Arrow ( ) key or the Down Arrow
( ) key to highlight the drive and then pressing
Enter. As you select each drive, the
change from RDY (Ready) to ONL (Online).
- When you have selected all the drives you
want to include in the array, press
Esc. The cursor will become active in the menu.
- When the stripe unit size is 8K or 16K, the maximum number of drives in an array is 16.
- When the stripe unit size is 32K or 64K, the maximum number of drives in an array is 8.
- If you have drives you did not use in this array and
you want to create
another array, you can do one of the following:
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.