IBM ServeRAID fault-tolerant applet - IBM ServeRAID-3H and ServeRAID-3L Adapters
IBM ServeRAID fault-tolerant applet
Note: When you start the applet, if your system does not have hot-plug PCI capability, or you are on a
system with hot-plug PCI capability but do not have the corresponding software to use it, a message similar to the following will appear:
WARNING: Could NOT open registry key
'\Software\IBM\Slots\PCI.' Therefore, cannot
enumerate Friendly Slot Numbers.
When this message occurs, click OK and continue. This message does not apply to your configuration.
You also must install the IBM ServeRAID Fault Tolerant Control Panel Applet. You can use the applet to:
- View the current status of the ServeRAID adapters in the failover environment
- Force the primary adapter to fail, which then transfers functionality to the secondary adapter
To obtain the applet, go to the IBM web page at:
Once you obtain the applet, you must install it. Run the .exe file and follow the instructions on the screen
to install the applet.
Once you have installed the applet, you start it by doing the following:
- Click Start Programs, click on Settings, then, click on Control Panel.
- Click IBM Netfinity ServeRAID Failover Applet and the program starts.
Using the applet screen
To use the applet screen, do one of the following:
- To view the current status, you do not have to do anything. The information is on the opening screen.
- To force a failover, click Apply on the failover or switchover selection. If the failover completes
successfully, a message appears saying that the Failover Completed Successfully.
To exit the applet, click on the either the X in the upper right corner of the applet screen,
on OK, or on Cancel.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.