Preparing to Install Options (Netfinity 7000-M10 - Type 8680)
Preparing to Install Options
Before you begin: Read 'Safety Information' and
'Working Inside a Server with Power On'.
Note: You do not need to turn the server off to install or replace hot-swap
power supplies, hot-swap fans, hot-swap drives, or hot-plug PCI adapters.
If you are:
- Remove all media (diskettes, CDs, optical discs, or tapes) from the drives, then,
turn off the server and all attached options.
- Caution - The Power Control button on the front of the
server does not turn off the electrical current supplied to the server. The server also might
have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the server, ensure that all
power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- If you have a modem or fax machine attached to the server, disconnect the telephone line
from the wall outlet.
- Unplug all power cords (cables) from electrical outlets.
- Note the location of the remaining cables and cords, then disconnect them from the back of the server.
- Caution - Electrical current from power, telephone, and
communication cables can be hazardous.
To avoid personal injury or equipment damage, disconnect the attached power cords, telecommunications systems, networks, and
modems before you open the server covers, unless instructed otherwise in the installation and configuration procedures.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.