Power Management Features (WP z50 - 2608)
Power Management Features
The power management features are designed to save as much electricity as possible
by putting components into a low-power consumption mode as often as possible.
This low-power mode is referred to as "suspend" mode.
Full Power Mode
The WorkPad z50 operates in Full power mode when power management is disabled and
the AC Adapter is connected.
In suspend mode, the system is powered off except for the system DRAM.
The WorkPad z50 enters suspend mode when the system remains idle for a specified amount of time
or under one of the following conditions:
- The Power button is pressed.
- The LCD panel is closed.
- A Windows CE power management timeout occurs.
- The Windows CE Suspend icon is clicked.
- The battery release lock is released.
- The remaining battery capacity of the battery pack is very low.
- A notitication event set in the "Alarms" window of the World Clock application in the Control Panel occurs.
-Attention- The system will not enter suspend mode
after an idle time-out under the following conditions:
The serial port is connected to another system running Windows CE services.
The WorkPad z50 is connected to a network through the PCMCIA LAN card.
The system will resume to full power mode under one of the following conditions:
- The Power button is pressed while in suspend mode.
- An application launching key is pressed.
- The LCD panel is opened.
- An internal fax/modem ring-in occurs.
- The Microphone button is pushed.
- The Notification button is pushed when the notification LED blinks.
- A built-in data/fax modem ring occurs.
- The serial port is connected to another system for transmitting and receiving data.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.