Checking the AC Adapter (TP 570 - 2644)
Checking the AC Adapter
You are here because the computer fails only when the AC Adapter is used:
- If the power problem occurs only when the port replicator is used, replace the port replicator.
- If the power-on indicator does not turn on, check the power cord of the AC Adapter for correct
continuity and installation.
- If the operational charge does not work, go to 'Checking operational charging'.
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the computer and measure the output voltage at the plug of the AC
See the following figure:
|| +15.5 to +17.0
If the voltage is not correct, replace the AC Adapter.
If the voltage is within the range, do the following:
- Replace the system board.
- If the problem persists, go to 'Undetermined problems'.
An audible noise from the AC Adapter does not always indicate a defect.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.