The diagnostic tests did not identify which adapter or device failed,
which installed devices are incorrect, whether a short circuit is suspected,
or whether the system is inoperative.
Follow the procedures below to isolate the failing FRU.
Verify that the power supply being used at the time of the failure is operating correctly.
- Power off the computer.
- Check the cables, wires, and connectors for short circuits and open circuits.
Visually check them for damage. If any problems are found, replace the FRU.
- Remove or disconnect all of the following devices:
- Non-IBM devices
- Printer, external mouse & keyboard, and other external devices
- Battery pack
- Hard disk drive
- Diskette drive/CD-ROM drive
- PC Card (PCMCIA)
- Power on the computer.
- Determine if the problem has changed.
- If the problem does not occur again, reconnect the removed devices one at a time until you find the
- If the problem remains, replace the following FRUs one at a time. Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- TrackPoint board
- Charger board
- Audio & battery function connection board
- LCD assembly
- Planar board
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.