AC Adapter Checkout (TP 380XD, 385XD, 380Z - 2635)
AC Adapter Checkout
This checkout is used only when the computer fails under ac power.
- If the problem occurs only when AC Adapter is used with a port replicator,
replace the replicator.
- If the power-on indicator does not turn on, check the power cord of the AC Adapter
for correct continuity and installation.
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the computer and measure the output voltage at the cable plug.
See the following figure:
||+15.5 to +17.0
- If the voltage persists, go to the next step.
- If the voltage is correct, make sure the connection between the DC/DC card
and the system board is not loose.
- Replace the DC/DC card.
- If the problem is not corrected, replace the system board.
- If the problem persists, go to 'Undetermined Problems'.
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the ac power outlet and wait 5 minutes or longer
to allow the overvoltage protection circuit to be fully discharged and initialized.
- Plug the AC Adapter cable into the ac power outlet.
- Measure the output voltage of the AC Adapter.
- If the voltage is still not correct, replace the AC Adapter.
NOTE: An audible noise from the AC Adapter does not always indicate a defect.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.