TrackPoint Checkout (TP-770 - 9548/49)
If the TrackPoint does not work, check the configuration in the ThinkPad
Configuration program. If the configuration of the TrackPoint is disabled, select Enable to enable it.
If this does not correct the TrackPoint problem, continue with the following.
The Trackpoint automatically compensates to adjust the pointer sensor. During this process, the pointer moves on
the screen automatically for a short time. This self-acting pointer movement can occur when a slight, steady pressure is applied
to the TrackPoint pointer while the computer is powered on or while the system is running, or when readjustment is required
because the temperature has exceeded its normal temperature range. This symptom does not indicate a hardware problem. No service
actions are necessary if the pointer movement stops in a short period of time.
If a click button problem or pointing stick problem occurs, do the following:
- Go to the Easy-Setup menu.
- Move to an item with the pointing stick.
- Press any one of the three click buttons.
- Verify that the item is selected.
- Move to another item with the pointing stick.
- Press the pointing stick (press-to-select) and verify that the item is selected.
Note: This step is only for the model that has the
- Verify that all buttuns work correctly.
If either the pointing stick or the click button does not work, do the following actions one at a time to correct
Do not replace a nondefective FRU.
- Reseat the keyboard cables.
- Replace the keyboard.
- Reseat the card that the TrackPoint cable is directly connected to.
- Replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.