TrackPoint III Checkout (2600-310/310D/310E/310ED)
TrackPoint III Checkout
The TrackPoint III does automatic compensations to adjust
the pointer sensor. During this process, the pointer moves on the
screen automatically for a short time. This self-acting pointer
movement can occur when a slight, steady pressure is applied to the
TrackPoint III pointer while the computer is powered on or while the
system is running, or when re-adjustment is required because the
temperature has exceeded it's normal temperature range.
This symptom does not indicate a hardware problem. No service actions
are necessary if the pointer movement stops in a short period of time.
If a click button problem or pointing stick problem
occurs, do the following:
- Boot from the diagnostics diskette and start the PQA program (please refer to
'Running PQA Diagnostics Program')
- Go to the diagnostic Manual Test menu.
- Press F2 in the test items.
- Press the left and right click button.
- Use the pointing stick to move the cursor to the 4 corners.
If either the pointing stick or the click button does not work,
perform the following actions one at a time to correct the problem.
Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- Reseat the keyboard flexible cables and the TrackPoint flexible cable.
- Reseat the flexible cable connecting the TrackPoint board via the system board.
- Replace the TrackPoint board (under the click buttons).
- Replace the keyboard.
- Replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.