Checking the Car-Battery Adapter (9546, 9547)
Checking the Car-Battery Adapter
- Unplug the Car-Battery Adapter cable from the computer.
- Plug the Car-Battery Adapter into the cigarette lighter socket.
NOTE: If the adapter is already plugged in, reseat it.
- Measure the output voltage of the Car-Battery Adapter cable.
||+19.0 to +21.0
- If the voltage is correct, the Car-Battery Adapter is working correctly.
Check that the computer runs with the AC Adapter.
If it runs correctly with the AC Adapter, check the system board.
If the problem still remains,
replace the following FRUs one at a time.
- DC/DC card
- System board
- If the problem is not resolved when the system board is replaced,
go to 'Undetermined Problems'.
- If the voltage is outside the normal voltage range, do one of the
- Try these test procedures in a different car,
if one is available.
- Replace the Car-Battery Adapter if the computer works
correctly with the AC Adapter.
If the output voltage from the cigarette lighter socket of the
car is less than 10.5 Vdc,
a continuous noise may be heard.
The condition of the car battery
should be checked by appropriate service personal.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.