Checking the AC Adapter (9546, 9547)
Checking the AC Adapter
You are here because the computer fails only when the AC Adapter
- If the power problem occurs only when the port replicator is used,
replace the replicator.
- If the power-on indicator does not turn on, check the power
cord of the AC Adapter for correct continuity and installation.
- If the operational charge does not work, go to
'Checking Operational Charging'.
NOTE: For Model 760CD, 760ED, 760LD, and 760ELD, there are two
types of adapters.
The procedure for
checking both types is the same.
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the computer and
measure the output voltage at the plug of the AC Adapter cable.
(20 - 10 V)
||+18.0 to +21.0
(16 - 10 V)
||+14.5 to +17.0
- If the voltage is correct, make sure the
connection between DC/DC card and system board is not loose.
- Replace the DC/DC card.
- If the problem is not corrected, replace the system board.
- If the problem is still not corrected, go to 'Undetermined Problems'.
- If the voltage is not correct, go to the next step.
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the ac power outlet and wait
five minutes or longer to allow the over-voltage protection circuit
to be fully discharged and initialized.
- Plug the AC Adapter cable into the ac power outlet.
- Measure the output voltage of the AC Adapter.
- If the voltage is still not correct, replace the AC Adapter.
NOTE: An audible noise from the
AC Adapter does not always indicate a defective adapter.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.