Power Management Features (2625 365X, XD - 2635 380-385)
Power Management Features
Three power management modes are provided by the
computer to reduce power
consumption and prolong battery power.
When in standby mode the following occurs:
- The LCD backlight turns off.
- The hard disk motor stops.
Events that cause the computer to enter standby mode:
- Standby requested by the Fn key. (Fn+F3)
- No activity under auto-standby enabled by the
ThinkPad Features program.
Events that cause the computer to exit or resume standby mode:
- (Resume) Any key operation.
When in suspend mode, the following, in addition to the three
actions of standby mode, occur:
- The LCD is powered off.
- The hard disk is powered off.
- The CPU is stopped.
- In the ThinkPad Features Program, the computer can be set to
'Will not suspend even if LCD is closed.'
- When the computer is powered with ac power and is used
with one of the communication PC cards, the computer enters
standby mode , the PC card and application program
- The computer cannot enter suspend mode
while a communication link is running.
Events that cause the computer to enter suspend mode:
- Suspend mode is requested by the Fn key (Fn+F4).
- The LCD is closed.
- The specified time has elapsed from the last operation with
the keyboard, mouse, hard disk drive, parallel connector, or
diskette drive, or the AC Adapter is plugged in.
The time is specified by Suspend Timer
in the ThinkPad Features program.
- The battery condition is low. The battery power indicator
- Either the PS2 OFF or PS2 SUSpend
command is set in the ThinkPad Features program.
Events that cause the computer to exit or resume suspend mode:
- (Resume) The LCD is opened.
- (Resume) The real time clock alarm is signaled.
- (Resume) The ring indicator
(RI) is signaled by a serial or PCMCIA device.
- (Resume) The Fn key is pressed.
- (Resume 2625 365x only) An external keyboard key is pressed while
operating with ac power.
- (Exit) Timer (timeout) conditions are satisfied
for entering hibernation mode.
When in hibernation mode, the following occurs:
- The system status, RAM, VRAM, and setup
data are stored on the hard disk.
- The system is powered off.
The computer cannot enter hibernation mode when the computer is
powered with ac power and a communication PC card is used.
Events that cause the computer to enter hibernation mode:
- (2625 365x only) The keyboard is opened.
- Hibernation mode is requested by the Fn key (Fn+F12).
- Timer/timeout conditions are satisfied in suspend mode.
- A critical low battery condition occurs.
- The PS2 HIB ernation command is set in the
ThinkPad Features program.
Event that causes the computer to exit hibernation mode:
- The power-on switch is operated.
When power is turned on, the hibernation history in the boot
record on the hard disk is recognized and system status is restored
from the hard disk to resume operation.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.