Checking the AC Adapter (2640-560x - 60x, 70x)
Checking the AC Adapter
You are here because the computer fails only when the AC Adapter
- If the power problem occurs only when the port replicator is used,
replace the replicator.
- If the power-on indicator does not turn on, check the power
cord of the AC Adapter for correct continuity and installation.
- If the operational charge does not work, go to
Checking Operational Charging
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the computer and
measure the output voltage at the plug of the AC Adapter cable.
||+14.5 to +17.0
If the voltage is not within range, replace the AC Adapter.
If the voltage is within range, do the following:
- Replace the DC/DC Card.
- Replace the system board.
- If the problem is not corrected, go to 'Undetermined Problems'.
- If the voltage is not correct, go to the next step.
An audible noise from the
AC Adapter does not always indicate a defective adapter.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.