Testing the SCSI Subsystem (3547)
Testing the SCSI Subsystem
NOTE: If a SCSI adapter is installed in an PCI adapter card
slot, remove it before
running the SCSI diagnostic program.
- When you select Test SCSI Subsystem on the Main
Menu, the diagnostics program checks the system configuration for
SCSI devices and displays the following if no SCSI controller is found.
If a SCSI controller is found, the computer goes on to initialize the
SCSI devices and displays the following.
- If the initialization fails, the following screen appears.
- If the initialization ends successfully, the following screen
appears. Select an item.
- The SCSI Devices Test Menu appears.
Select one of the devices.
The device name may be any of the following:
- SCSI Hard Disk
- SCSI Tape Drive
- SCSI CD-ROM
- SCSI Optical Drive
- or No Device
The SelectaDock Docking System SCSI controller appears as ID7 on the screen.
- If a SCSI device exists and a test media is required to test
the SCSI device, the following pop-up menu appears
(shows the case of a SCSI tape drive).
- Insert the requested media and wait for approximately 30 seconds
until the media is loaded.
- Press any key. If no SCSI devices are found, a pop-up menu appears.
- The test begins and the following pop-up menu appears.
- If the test is successful, the following appears.
- If the test is unsuccessful, the following appears.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.