How to Run the Diagnostics (2640)
How to Run the Diagnostics
Use either the TrackPoint III or the
cursor move keys to interact
with the tests. The Enter key works the same as selecting the OK icon to
NOTE: The following tools are required:
FDD Erasable 2HD diskette
Parallel Wrap plug (P/N 72X8546)
Serial Wrap plug (P/N 72X8546)
PCMCIA PC Test Card (P/N 35G4703)
- Press and hold the F1 key, then power-on the computer.
Hold the F1 key down until the Easy-setup screen appears.
- Select Test and press Enter.
- Select a device and press Enter to run the test.
- The test progress screen appears.
- OK appears when the test ends without any errors.
- Start the Advanced Diagnostic test by pressing
Ctrl+A on the basic diagnostic menu screen.
- Select Tool to install the tools.
- Select a device, press the Spacebar and
install the tool. Multiple devices can be selected by repeating
A OK Check Mark appears for the selected device.
- Select OK and press Enter
if the selection is OK.
- Select a device and press Enter to start the tests.
- Select Test All to test all devices.
- Select Loop Test to loop tests.
A loop option menu appears in which a device loop or all loop can be
selected. Select a device and press the spacebar to select
a device. Repeat this step to select multiple devices.
Press Enter to start the diagnostic loop. If no device is selected,
all device tests are looped.
- To exit the loop,
keep pressing Ctrl+Pause until the test exits.
A beep sounds to notify that the exit interrupt is sensed by the taest program.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.