Power Management Features (2640)
Power Management Features
Three power management modes are provided by the
computer to reduce power
consumption and prolong battery power.
When in standby mode the following occurs:
- The LCD backlight turns off.
- The hard disk motor stops.
Events that cause entering of standby mode:
- Standby requested by the Fn key. (Fn+F3)
- No activity under auto-standby enabled by the feature
Events that cause the computer exit or resume standby mode:
- (Resume) Any key operation.
When in suspend mode, the following, in addition to the four
actions of standby mode, occur:
- The LCD power is powered-off.
- The hard disk is powered-off.
- The CPU is stopped.
- In the ThinkPad Features Program, the computer can be set to
'Will not suspend even if LCD is closed'..
- When the computer is powered with ac power and is used
with one of the communication PC cards, the computer enters
standby mode , the PC card and application program
- The computer cannot enter the suspend mode.
- While a communication link is running.
Events that cause entering of suspend mode:
- Suspend mode is requested by the Fn key (Fn+F4).
- The LCD is closed.
- The specified time has elapsed from the last operation with
the keyboard, mouse, hard disk drive, parallel connector,
diskette drive, or the AC Adapter is plugged in.
The time is specified by Suspend Timer
in the ThinkPad Features program.
- The battery condition is low. The battery power indicator
- Either the PS2 OFF or PS2 Suspend command is set in
the ThinkPad Features program.
Events that cause exiting or resuming of suspend mode:
- (Resume) The LCD is opened.
- (Resume) Real time clock alarm signaled.
- (Resume) Ring indicator (RI) is signaled by a serial or PCMCIA device
- (Resume) The Fn key is pressed.
- (Resume) An external keyboard key is pressed while operating with ac power.
- (Exit) Timer conditions are satisfied
to enter hibernation mode.
When in hibernation mode, the following occurs:
- The system status, RAM, VRAM, and setup
data are stored on the hard disk.
- The system is powered-off.
The computer cannot enter hibernation mode when:
the computer is powered with ac power and a communication PC card is used.
Events that cause entering of hibernation mode:
- The hibernation mode is requested by the Fn
- Timer conditions are satisfied in suspend mode.
- A critical low battery condition occurs.
- The PS2 HIBernation command is set in the ThinkPad Features program.
Event that causes the computer to exit hibernation mode.
- The power-on switch is operated.
When power is turned on, the hibernation history of the boot
record on the hard disk is recognized and system status is restored
from the hard disk to resume operation.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.