Keyboard / Auxiliary Input Device Checkout (2640)
Keyboard / Auxiliary Input Device Checkout
Remove the external keyboard if the internal keyboard is to be tested.
If the internal
keyboard does not work or an unexpected character appears,
make sure that the three flexible cables extending
from the keyboard are correctly seated in the connectors on
the system board.
If the keyboard cable connection is correct,
run the Keyboard Test by doing the following:
- Go to advanced diagnostic menu screen
by pressing Ctrl+A
in the Easy Setup screen.
- Press Ctrl+K, a layout of the keyboard
appears on the screen.
- Check that when each key is pressed, the key's position
on the keyboard layout on the screen changes to a black square.
When a Fn key is pressed, a black square briefly appears.
If the tests detect a keyboard problem,
do the following one at a time to correct the problem.
Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- Reseat the keyboard card cable.
- Replace the keyboard card cable.
- Replace the keyboard card assembly.
- Replace the video card.
- Replace the system board.
The following auxiliary input devices are supported for
- Numeric keypad
- Mouse (PS/2 compatible)
- External keyboard (with keyboard/mouse cable)
If any of the above devices do
not work, reseat the cable connector and repeat the failing operation.
If the problem does not occur again, recheck the connector.
If the problem is not corrected, replace the device, and then the
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.