Keyboard/Auxiliary Input Device Checkout (2625)
Keyboard/Auxiliary Input Device Checkout
Disconnect the external keyboard and mouse, then
try the internal keyboard.
If the internal keyboard works correctly, replace the external keyboard
If the internal
keyboard does not work correctly or an unexpected character appears,
make sure that the three flexible cables extending
from the keyboard are correctly seated in the connectors on
the keyboard card.
If the keyboard cables are seated correctly,
Keyboard Test using the
IBM ThinkPad 365 Advanced Diagnostics Diskette.
To use the IBM ThinkPad 365 Advanced Diagnostics Diskette, you must have at
least 500KB of free memory.
Be sure to read the README.PO file on the
IBM ThinkPad 365 Advanced Diagnostics Diskette before using the following
- Power-off the computer.
- Insert the IBM ThinkPad 365 Advanced Diagnostics Diskette into drive A.
- Power-on the computer.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and proceed to the
Main Menu. Allow two to four minutes for the diagnostic programs to load.
- At the Main Menu, select Diagnostics.
- At the Diagnostics Menu, select Module Tests.
- At the Module Tests Menu, select Keyboard.
- Press Enter to run the keyboard tests.
- Do not press any key until prompted, then follow the instructions
on the screen.
- When the tests are completed, press Esc twice to return
to the main menu.
- Select Exit.
If the tests detect a keyboard problem,
do the following one at a time to correct the problem.
Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- Reseat the three cables.
- Replace the keyboard.
- Replace the keyboard card.
- Replace the system board.
The following auxiliary input devices are supported for
- Space-saver keyboard
- Mouse (PS/2 compatible)
If any of the above devices do
not work, reseat the cable connector and repeat the failing operation.
If the problem does not occur again, recheck the connector.
If the problem remains, replace the device, and then the
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.