For a more thorough test, use one PCMCIA card in each slot.
Perform the following steps to
test the PCMCIA slots:
- Power-off the computer, and then
power it on again.
- Press the F1 key any time
while the POST memory count is proceeding.
When the memory test is completed, the Easy-Setup screen screen appears.
- Press the left or right arrow key to
select Test and press Enter
or position the pointer over the Test icon and
click the left click button once.
- Press Ctrl+A to enter advanced diagnostics.
- If you are using PC test cards,
select Tool to install them.
Insert the cards when prompted.
(For instructions on installing test cards,
see 'Running the Diagnostics'
For instructions on inserting the cards,
see 'Removing PCMCIA Cards')
- Select the PCMCIA icon and press Enter
to run the test on the PCMCIA slots.
The green LED on the PCMCIA card should turn on when the test runs.
(If the green LED does not turn on, see 'Reading the PC Test Card LED').
Test results will be displayed under the PCMCIA icon.
- If no errors are detected,
the OK message appears.
- If an error is detected, the FRU code and error description message
Go to 'FRU Codes' and replace the FRU.
- To exit from the test screen, press Esc.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.