The diagnostic tests are intended to test only
Non-IBM products, prototype cards, or modified options can
give false errors and invalid system responses.
- Only trained personnel should service the computer.
- Drives in the computer that you are servicing
might have been rearranged or the drive startup
sequence might have been altered.
Be extremely careful during write operations
such as copying, saving, or formatting.
Data or programs can be destroyed if you select an incorrect drive.
Perform the following procedures to complete
a general checkout:
- Power-off the computer and all external devices.
- Check all cables and power cords for correct connection.
- Power-on all external devices.
- Power-on the computer.
- Press the F1 key any time
while the POST memory count is proceeding.
emits one short beep at the end of POST and the
Easy-Setup screen screen appears.
If this does not occur,
go to 'Symptom-to-FRU Index'
- Run the advanced diagnostics tests.
For information on how to run the diagnostics
tests, see 'Running the Diagnostics'
For information on how to disable the password,
see 'Removing the Power-On Password'
- Find your symptom in the table in 'Checkout Guide', and
then go to the appropriate page.
Otherwise, see 'Symptom-to-FRU Index', and then
go to 'Undetermined Problems'
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.