Checking the Installed Devices List (9552)
Checking the Installed Devices List
The Installed Devices List shows the adapters and devices
installed in the computer.
If an adapter or a device is missing from the list, one
of the following conditions might be the cause.
A customized setup configuration (other than default settings) might
exist on the system you are servicing.
Running Automatic Configuration can alter the settings.
Note the current configuration
settings (using the View configuration)
and verify that the same settings are
in place when service is complete.
- The protected partition on the hard disk or the Reference
Diskette you are using does not contain the code required to support
- An adapter or device is defective.
- The device missing from the list is not recognized as a device
- The device missing from the list requires an additional diskette.
(See the device service manual.)
- A power supply voltage is not correct (see 'Power Systems Checkout').
If the adapter is on the list, run the adapter diagnostic tests.
If the list contains an adapter or device that is not installed,
go to 'Undetermined Problems'
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.