Power Management Features (9552)
Power Management Features
The suspend and resume functions are unique methods used to
save battery power. In suspend mode, all tasks are suspended
and their present states are stored in memory to save power.
Also, the system enters a sleep state where
only a minimum amount of power is used.
When the computer returns to normal operation using the resume
function, the computer restores the same states as when it entered
Full and Partial Suspend Modes
Suspend mode might be referred as full-suspend mode, as compared to
The computer enters partial-suspend mode when an application software
program interferes with the power management capability of the
computer and prevents it from entering full-suspend mode. The
following sounds indicate suspend mode has occurred:
- One beep for full-suspend mode
- Two beeps for partial-suspend mode
(No beep is heard if the Power controller beep
parameter is set to off in the Set Advanced Features program.)
The computer enters suspend mode when:
- The LCD is closed (the switch is located on the voltage converter
- The specified time has elapsed from the last operation with
the keyboard, mouse, hard disk drive, parallel connector,
diskette drive, and AC adapter is plugged in.
The time is specified by System suspend
in the Set Advanced Features program.
- When a battery-low condition exists, the battery power indicator
- The PS2 OFF command is set in the Set Advanced
- The operating temperature is exceeded.
The system returns to normal operation when:
- The LCD is opened.
- PS2 ON HH:MM:SS command was set in
the Set Advanced Features program before entering suspend mode.
- A Ring indicator signal on the communication
interface is detected.
- Either button of the pointing stick is pressed.
You can replace the battery pack during full-suspend mode.
Never replace the battery pack during partial-suspend mode.
If the battery pack is replaced during suspend mode with the LCD opened,
close the LCD and open it again to return to normal operation.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.