||This task explains how to apply the
reconciliation rules to the documents loaded in CATIA.
- Note that the Apply button is only
available if a reconciliation rule has been applied to all objects.
- Executing the Apply function only modifies the content of
the CATIA session (not the VPDM). To save your date to ENOVIA V5
VPM or VPMV4, please refer to Saving Documents
in the VPDM.
- When reconciling data in ENOVIA V5 VPM, the Apply function
will automatically attempt to obtain locks for all necessary objects
(instances, references, documents) based on the reconciliation rules you
- You should not unlock these objects in ENOVIA V5 VPM until you save
- If any of the necessary locks cannot be obtained, the Apply
function will return an error message detailing the issues (for
example, another user may have an object locked). In this case, you
should resolve all lock issues and click the Apply button
again. Note that if the Apply does not succeed due to lock
failures, all objects whose locks were obtained by the reconciliator
will be released.
||Before performing this scenario, make sure you
- activated the cache system (Tools->Options->Infrastructure->Product
Structure->Cache Management->check option Work with the
- have invoked the reconciliation option (View->Toolbars->Reconcile)
- have activated the ENOVIA V5 toolbar (View ->
- have connected to the ENOVIA V5 VPM database (click the
Connect User to ENOVIA V5 icon)
To perform this scenario, you will need the following documents:
Click the Launch Reconciliation icon
The Reconcile window is displayed.
Click the root object (Skate-100-ABC-1002) in the Objects
to reconcile tree, select the Query by object ID query in the
Query Criteria scrolling list and click Query.
Enter Skate* in the Search String
field and click OK.
Skate-100-ABC-1001 is the unique result of the query.
Click the VPDM View tab.
The mapping has been established between Skate2-100-ABC-1002 and
The Overwrite mode has been automatically applied to
Skate2-100-ABC-1002 in the CATIA View.
The following items were re-designed by the supplier, and
you want to save them. For each item, select it in the CATIA view and
click the New object in VPDM icon
- Board2-010-DEF-1011: This is a new object and the
manufacturer wants to keep the old board in the VPDM.
- Hub2-010-DEF-1002: This object is new and does not exist in
- Wheel-Large-010-GHI-1026: This object is new and does not
exist in the VPDM.
For each of the following items, select the item in the
CATIA View and click the Overwrite in VPDM icon
- Skate2-100-ABC-1002: Overwrites the skate stored in the VPDM.
- Hub1-010-DEF-1001: Overwrites the board stored in the VPDM.
For each of the following items, map the item using the
Query and click the Reload from VPDM icon
- Axle-010-JKL-1031: The manufacturer wants to keep the
- Wheel-010-GHI-1021: The manufacturer wants to keep the
At the bottom right-hand corner, click the Apply
button to apply the simulation. A message is given, indicating that the
apply has completed successfully.
Note that nothing has been modified yet in the VPDM repository, only the
content of the CATIA session has been modified.