||You can choose between two storage modes:
Publications Exposed: The document is kept and saved in the VPDM
vault. In this context, both Product and Part document files are saved in
the vault. The product structure is not viewed inside the VPDM repository.
Other documents such as Part and Drawing document files are also saved in
Structure Exposed: The document is not kept in the VPDM
vault. In this case, the product structure is saved in the VPDM repository
and the Product document files will not be saved in the vault.
||This operation can be performed at any moment
of the reconciliation transaction.
- the storage mode is only available for CATProducts, when working with
ENOVIA V5 VPM, the assembly root should always be a product
- if a CATProduct document is to be reconciled using the Structure
Exposed mode, all upper CATProduct documents will be stored using the
Structure Exposed mode
- if a CATProduct document is to be reconciled using the Publications
Exposed mode, all CATProduct documents referenced by it will be stored
using the Publications Exposed mode
- a default value is proposed for the storage mode
- the storage mode can be set automatically (see
Automating the Valuation of Reconciliation
When selecting the storage mode, only the combinations shown below are
||Instance of a
||Before performing this scenario, make sure you
- activated the cache system (Tools->Options->Infrastructure->Product
Structure->Cache Management->check option Work with the
- have invoked the reconciliation option (View->Toolbars->Reconcile)
- have activated the ENOVIA V5 toolbar (View ->
- have connected to the ENOVIA V5 VPM database (click the
Connect User to ENOVIA V5 icon)
Skate-100-ABC-1001.CATProduct document and its sub-products must have
been saved in the VPDM in mode Structure Exposed before you begin the
reconciliation process. In the scenario described below, it corresponds to
the skate board that the manufacturer sends to his supplier for
modification. It is made up of:
The documents listed below are those that will be reconciled using the
Supplier Chain Engineering Exchange application.
Skate2-100-ABC-1002.CATProduct file, switch from Visualization mode
to Design mode (if necessary).
Click the Launch Reconciliation icon
The Reconcile window is displayed.
Click the root object (Skate2-100-ABC-1002) in the
Objects to reconcile tree.
Select the Structure Exposed mode in the
storage mode combo.
In the List View, Structure Exposed is displayed in the Mode column.
||By default, a CATProduct is set to Structure
Exposed and a CATPart is set to Publication Exposed.
If the root is designated as Publication Exposed, all
sub-products will also be set as Publication Exposed.