More about the Sheet Properties Dialog Box
This dialog box displays the following tabs:
Hide in 3D: Select this check box if you do
not want any element on the sheet (views, geometry, annotations and so
on) to be visible in a 3D workbench (such as Part Design). In this case,
sheet elements will not be visible in Show or No Show space.
||Note that this property is independent of the Hide/Show
option available in the sheet's contextual menu, which controls the
visualization of the sheet both in 2D and 3D.
- Generative Views Positioning Mode
These properties are not available in 2D Layout for 3D Design.
- Print area
- Activate: Select this check box to specify that only a
specific area of the sheet should be printed. Doing this will activate
the associated fields so that you can define the print area.
In addition, you must select Document area option as the
Print area in the Print dialog box in order for the print
area to be printed. If you do not select the Document area
option, the whole document will be printed. Refer to
Printing a Layout for more information.
- X: Specify the X coordinate of the lower left-hand
corner of the print area.
- Y: Specify the Y coordinate of the lower left-hand
corner of the print area.
- Width: Specify the width of the print area.
- Height: Specify the height of the print area.
- Format: Select a format if you want to define the print
area using the width and height specified for that format.
||A specific contextual command lets you visualize the print area
(providing it is activated), so as to re-position or re-dimension it
for example. To do so, either right-click the sheet item in the
specification tree and select Sheet.X object > Print
Area, or activate the sheet and select Edit > Sheet.X
object > Print Area. This zooms onto the print
area, which is outlined as a purple dashed box, with an X cross at its
Use the manipulators at the corners of the box to re-dimension the
print area. Drag the dashed box or the central X cross to re-position
the print area.
You can then exit the print area visualization mode by pressing the
Escape key or by clicking elsewhere in the drawing. You can
check the sheet properties to make sure that the coordinates, width or
height have been updated.
- Global Properties:
- Shown: this property is not available in 2D Layout for
- Pickable:select this box if you want the view to always
- Layers: this property is not available in 2D Layout for
- Rendering Style: this property is not available in 2D
Layout for 3D Design.
- LowInt: select this box to apply the low-intensity color
to the selected view.