How to force a system dump on a hung SP2 node
Env: SP2, AIX 3.2.5
Desc: Customer needs to know how to force a dump on a hung SP2 node.
Action: The procedure is fundamentally the same as on a regular RS/6000
machine: put the key in service and hit reset. Since there
is no key and no reset button on the front on the SP2 node, we
will have to implement this "virtually".
* Start up the GUI with "spmon -g".
* Make sure that "Numlock" is turned OFF.
* On the resulting dialogue box, click on "SP" and select
* Select the proper Frame and Node.
* Select "Node Front Panel".
* Select "Service" and then click on "Reset".
* At the Confirmation Window, select "Reset".
The LED panel will show 0c2, and then either 0c0 or 0c4
Support Line: How to force a system dump on a hung SP2 node ITEM: W9140L
Dated: August 1995 Category: N/A
This HTML file was generated 99/06/24~13:30:33
Comments or suggestions?